Since it's Wednesday and a blog post should be posted, and I come to you fully unprepared, here's a list of random things on my mind today.
1. It is cold outside. Yesterday was -42 with the windchill. I am anxiously awaiting my boots that I ordered last week (procrastinator, what can I say?) and am thankful my balaclava arrived even though it will mess up my hair when I wear it.
2. My dearest friend mailed up the photos I had printed and we put them into our wall collage last night. We bought the collage almost 2 years ago, and it's now full of wedding photos from 9 months ago. I never said we were fast at doing things...but it looks so good, I can't stop staring at it.
3. Is time really going by that fast? Have we really been married for 9 months? Have we really been here for just over 3? Someone used to tell me that when time sped up it was either that you were going crazy or the end of the world is coming. (Neither of those options sound very good.)
4. Getting closer and closer to Christmas = getting more and more homesick. If we didn't miss our family and friends before, it's really sucking right now.
5. I think I need to up our vitamin D again because we're getting pretty moody. It can also be that we're feeling rundown from working a lot recently and we are fighting off the onset of yet another cold. Vitamin C is probably also a good addition to our regime.
6. I want to put up our Christmas decorations SO. BADLY.
7. I wish we had a cat.
8. As much as I enjoy it not snowing inside our house because of the gap between our front door and the frame, I'm beginning to get a bruise on my side from having to throw myself at it so it will shut now that they've fixed it.
9. I am still refusing to wear my Canada Goose parka and am holding on to my winter jacket from home. So far, it's not bad because I layer a lot of sweaters underneath it, but I know I'm going to have to give in soon. It just feels like it's too early to be winter and I want to hang on to it for a while longer.
10. I'd like to start taking more photos of life here, but I'm not sure what is interesting. People keep telling me they'd like to see more of the town, but there's not much to see...is there anything specific you'd like me to take pictures of to show you? Also, what can we blog about that you're curious about? Help a girl out, here! ;)
With that, I'm off to get ready for work...if I can tear my eyes away from our photos long enough to put on my coat and boots. :)