You Know You Live In The North When...
- You instinctively walk like a penguin for ten months of the year.
- You think nothing of drilling through 13 feet of ice and sitting there all day hoping that dinner will swim by.
- Your suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of your forehead.
- You have had lengthy conversations with people who dialed you as a wrong number.
- You measure distance in number of flights it takes to get there.
- You can drive a snowmobile through four feet of snow in a raging blizzard and not flinch.
- You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a parka.
- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes on your dirt road are filled with snow.
- Going "down South" means Winnipeg.
- Your four seasons are 'almost winter', 'winter', 'still winter', and 'mosquito.'
- You find -20C on the warm side.
- Your 1st of July picnic was moved indoors because of a blizzard.
Just another reminder not to complain to us about how cold it is. We are unsympathetic. :-)